Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Road Trip to Southern Utah

36 hours of long straight road, cheetos, zac efron, millions of CD's, skiing, layers of clothes, a plunger, the Pizza Barn, bathroom breaks, and endless conversation sum up my latest roadtrip. Abby was sent to Southern Utah to work, and I decided to tag along. Our goal was to go skiing at Brianhead, which was quite the experience.

Brianhead is the highest ski resort in Utah. The winds are unbelievable, and unbearable. I felt as though I was going to be blown off the mountain. Several of the lifts were even closed because of the high winds. The cold and wind combined to create a terrible duo. I enjoy having feeling in my fingers and toes, as well as my face. I hope I never have to go back to this terrible tundra!

Here is my leg. As you can see from the picture I am still sporting the security tag on my ski pants. Thanks Mom and Dad! Now whenever I go skiing the first impression I will give people is that I am a shoplifter.

This is halfway down one of the slopes at Brianhead. The views were pretty amazing! It was fun to see the red rock shinning through the snow. (And with only a 40 inch base some parts of the canyon did not even have snow).

I try to keep my face completly covered while I ski. It does overall help with the cold and wind, but I did acquire the nickname of "the bug".

During the drive back to Logan we experience some extreme weather. We had sunshine, snow, fog, and ice. This is a picture inbetween the snow and fog. The sun was setting and the mountains were turning a beautiful light blue.
Abby and I made it back to Logan in one piece. We did not kill each other after spending 10 hours in a car together, during a 36 hour period. I am looking forward to hitting the slopes again but I think I will wait for a sunny day!

2 comments:

Amanda the Couch said...

annie!!!!!! i love that you are a blogger now, wahooo. i also love that you totally shoplifted your ski pants. ooohhh how i've had many a gifts with that darn tag still left on it. Aberbcrombie is notorious for leaving them on. stay warm up there in the tundra that is Logan.

Beautiful Green said...

Hey Budda, the pictures and the story are great! I loved it all. I am sorry about the security tag! Bring your pants home next time and we'll get it taken off! How funny though...